'Tis the season for sweet treats!
With Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas back to back, your teeth and overall health can be neglected thanks to an abundance of sweet holiday treats & desserts. That is why we have decided to make some holiday treats that will satisfy your sweet tooth and are good for it too!
Dark chocolate has been shown to help fight cavities, plaque, and tooth decay. Add that with nuts and berries, which are high in vitamins and powerful teeth-healthy micronutrients such as phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and calcium, you have yourself a sweet treat that will make you want to smile all day long!
Here are three healthy and super easy recipes for Dark Chocolate Bark. Make some for your family or give them away as gifts!
Walnut & Pomegranate Seed Dark Chocolate Bark
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 11 oz Dark Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler, slowly melt 11 oz dark chocolate over low heat. Stir chocolate occasionally until it is smooth and all chunks have melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment lined sheet and spread with spatula until it reaches your desired thickness
- Evenly sprinkle on toppings for the bark (Cranberry & Pistachios, Walnuts & Pomegranate Seeds, or Sliced Almonds & Sea Salt)
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for 20 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Once the bark is frozen, break into small pieces and serve or store in the freezer.